Braintree: Distinction for BARC in renewal of Safer Business Award
- Credit: Archant
BARC (Braintree Against Retail & Business Crime) has receive a Certificate of Distinction with the renewal of its Safer Business Award.
The national accreditation scheme recognises that BARC carries out its work effectively, while the “Distinction” meaning that it does an outstandingly good job.
Shown in the picture are Inspector Mick Couldridge of Essex Police and BARC Co-ordinator Michelle Coote. Inspector Mick Couldridge of Essex Police, who only recently joined the Braintree Police team, said: “It is enormously pleasing to find an active business crime group in Braintree and I am most encouraged to find that they have been recognised for the sterling work that they carry out.”
Michelle Coote, head of Security for the George Yard Shopping Centre, combines her role with acting as BARC Co-ordinator.
“Michelle Coote and her team of security officers combine their essential role in George Yard Shopping Centre with supporting other town centre businesses, which is of benefit to everybody,” said George Yard centre manager Brenda Baker.
You may also want to watch:
“In the last year they have contributed to the arrest of national and local criminals involved in fraud and theft, none of which would have happened without their vigilance”.
Michelle Coote added: “This award would not have been possible without the input, hard work, vigilance,
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
information sharing, and co-operation of all our members. BARC would like to say a big thank you to you all.”