Brewer expands retail concept into London
SOUTHWOLD brewer Adnams is expanding its successful Cellar & Kitchen retail chain into the heart of London, with the opening of stores in Spitalfields and Bloomsbury.
Adnams, which has branched out into retail and, more recently, distilling, created Cellar & Kitchen to sell a combination of wine, kitchenware and food, with items selected for quality and provenance.
The newly-opened Spitalfields store stocks Adnams beers, wines, and spirits as well as kitchenware and gifts.
A second store, in Bloomsbury, which includes a wine tasting room, opens today.
Retail director Martin Wilkinson said the chain continued to grow and this was reflected in its investment in two new London stores. The business’s key to success was in the quality of the products, placing stores in premium locations and its knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff, he said. “We’ve got high hopes for both new stores, especially in the run-up to the Christmas period,” he said.
“We are really excited about bringing a taste of the Suffolk Coast to London.”
Adnams recently opened a mini store in Baston near Peterborough, and is about to open an Adnams concession inside House of Fraser in Chapelfield, Norwich, bringing the total number of outlets to 14.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 6 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 7 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
It also has stores in Suffolk and elswhere.