Brewer expands retail concept into London
SOUTHWOLD brewer Adnams is expanding its successful Cellar & Kitchen retail chain into the heart of London, with the opening of stores in Spitalfields and Bloomsbury.
Adnams, which has branched out into retail and, more recently, distilling, created Cellar & Kitchen to sell a combination of wine, kitchenware and food, with items selected for quality and provenance.
The newly-opened Spitalfields store stocks Adnams beers, wines, and spirits as well as kitchenware and gifts.
A second store, in Bloomsbury, which includes a wine tasting room, opens today.
Retail director Martin Wilkinson said the chain continued to grow and this was reflected in its investment in two new London stores. The business’s key to success was in the quality of the products, placing stores in premium locations and its knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff, he said. “We’ve got high hopes for both new stores, especially in the run-up to the Christmas period,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really excited about bringing a taste of the Suffolk Coast to London.”
Adnams recently opened a mini store in Baston near Peterborough, and is about to open an Adnams concession inside House of Fraser in Chapelfield, Norwich, bringing the total number of outlets to 14.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
It also has stores in Suffolk and elswhere.