Bridal store Abigail’s Collection raises £4,000 for Help for Heroes centre in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Colchester bridal shop Abigail’s Collection & The Groom’s Room has raised £4,000 at a Wear Your Wedding Dress Again Charity Party.
The event, at Prested Hall, Feering, was held in aid of Help for Heroes, with the funds raised being directed to Chavasse VC House in Colchester, one of four Help For Heroes recovery centres.
It is the second event of its kind to be held by the business, which is based in High Street, Colchester. Proprietor Abi Neill said: “It’s a chance for us to give something back, to our brides, to our community and most importantly to the military personnel who need help and support after being wounded in service.
“Our bides just love the chance to wear their dresses again and in 2013, having decided that I wanted to do some charity work for Help For Heroes, I realised I should combine the two and basically we decided that a wedding dress themed charity party was what was needed.
“The first one we held was brilliant but this one was absolutely awesome; it surpassed our expectations and we are so thrilled to have raised £4,000 for the recovery centre Chavasse VC House.”
You may also want to watch:
Help for Heroes’ recovery centres aim to inspire, enable and support wounded, injured or sick military service men and women and their families.
Many Essex-based wedding businesses sponsored the wedding dress event and more than 100 brides attended.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents