Village farm by Blackwater Estuary ‘could appeal to farmers, birdwatchers – or tired commuters’
- Credit: Archant
A 73 acre former dairy farm and farmhouse with ‘great scope’ is on the market with a price tag of £1.4m.
The farm, which includes a substantial Grade II listed farmhouse, farm buildings and land currently laid to grass, lies close to Abberton Reservoir in the village of Peldon, near Colchester.
Agents Brooks Leney said the sale of Home Farm presented "a rare opportunity", with the farmhouse "offering a wonderful project to those wishing to completely renovate a period country home to their chosen taste".
MORE - Suffolk's 'natural larder' showcase vies with top food and drink festivals from Tuscany to ParisThe property provided "great scope for creating a stunning family home in a desirable village", and the buildings had potential for conversion, subject to planning permission.
Assistant land agent Connie Turner said they were anticipating a great variety of interest from farms to equine enthusiasts - to tired commuters or keen bird watchers keen to enjoy the backwaters of the Blackwater Estuary adjoining the property.
The land has been cut for hay in recent years, but to the west of the property was once arable and could potentially be brought back into arable rotation if desired, Brooks Leney said.
You may also want to watch:
"The tranquil setting is perfect for those looking to relax after a long day in the office and may be of particular interest to bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts," it added.
There were few properties on the market at the moment which offer the character and opportunity presented by the farm, said Ms Turner.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo