Brundish: Lane Farm Country Foods pig farmer scoops award for oak smoked bacon
- Credit: Archant
A pig farmer who diversified into salami and bacon making has scooped an industry award.
Lane Farm Country Foods, based in Brundish, near Framlingham, Suffolk, has picked up a prestigious gold award for its Oak Smoked Dry Cured Back Bacon, along with a silver for its Suffolk Pancetta in the Great Bacon Revolution Awards.
The awards, run by the UK pig producers’ levy group the British Pork Executive (BPEX), were launched to coincide with Bacon Connoisseurs Week from March 18 to 24.
“It’s an honour to be awarded a gold award for our bacon,” said Ian Whitehead, who co-founded the business with wife, Sue.
The family rears its own pigs, and produces and smokes its bacon on-site.
You may also want to watch:
“Our bacon is smoked in our own smoking room where we blend oak and beech chips to get the best possible flavour. We work hard to ensure our products meet the highest possible standards of quality and taste, so this recognition makes all the effort we put in worthwhile,” said Ian.
“There is so much poor quality and imported bacon available so it’s fantastic that this week promotes proper bacon and puts the spotlight on those producers that really care about their products.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Lane Farm Country Foods produces a range of bacon, sausages and salamis.