Builders’ merchant chain Ridgeons achieves Investor in People gold standard
- Credit: Archant
Regional timber and builders’ merchant chain Ridgeons has been awarded a “gold” rating under ther Investors in People (IiP) programme.
The IiP scheme recognises the dedication of employers to people management and staff training.
The gold award is the top prize, reserved for businesses that champion best practice and high performance through their people, and is recognised worldwide as a sign of excellence.
Ridgeons has held IiP accreditation since 1998 and in the last three years has jumped from Bronze to Gold standard by meeting 180 out of a possible 196 evidence criteria.
Following its latest re-accreditation, IiP assessors praised Ridgeons for its staff engagement, corporate social responsibility efforts, culture, ethos and company-wide transparency, as well as its quantity and quality of training, including coaching, mentoring and talent management.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Rushforth, banaging director at Ridgeons, said; “Achieving Investors in People Gold is something we’ve been working towards for years now.
“People and relationships are hugely important to us and are what keep our business growing. Whether that’s a positive relationship between staff and customers or employee and line manager, we are successful because we provide platforms for staff to succeed and develop their career.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
“Investors in People Gold is a brilliant achievement for everyone at Ridgeons and it shows our commitment to staff, which continues to help us attract the top talent to our business.”
Ridgeons, which was established in 1911, now employs more than 800 people across the East of England, in location sincluding including Cambridge, Peterborough, Norwich, Ipswich, Bedford and Colchester.
In addition to 26 builders’ merchant sites, the Ridgeons group of companies includes Ridgeons Forest Products, CRS Wholesale and Anglia Tool Centre.