Bury St Edmunds: Apple juice maker celebrates bumper sales
AN award-winning apple juice producer is celebrating his most successful year to date for sales and production.
Clive Williams of Maynard House Orchards, of Bradfield St Clare, near Bury St Edmunds, says both are up by more than 20%, while his products are flowing into upmarket establishments throughout London and the UK such as Grosvenor House Hotel and the Bulgari Hotel.
The apple-grower’s range, including new additions such as Apple and Elderflower and Apple and Raspberry, have helped the company to increase sales, having already seen turnover rise by 25% between 2009 and 2011.
The company ethos includes a vow to never sell out to giant supermarkets but to stay true to its “exclusively on-trade” promise.
The industry has responded positively to the brand and Clive says he has no plans to deviate from that.
You may also want to watch:
“We have grown every area of our business in the last year - sales, yield and staff levels have all grown considerably,” he said.
“We were delighted as well to pick up a Great Taste Gold Award and a Quality Food Award.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
“We have found that our customers really value our pledge to stay true to the on-trade and despite offers we have no plans of going back on that.”
Grosvenor House Hotel, based in Park Lane in Mayfair said: “We look for superior quality in our procurement process and apple juice is no different. Due to its superb depth of flavor, Maynard House Orchards apple juice is now available in our Park Lane Market.”