Bury St Edmunds: Apple juice maker celebrates bumper sales
AN award-winning apple juice producer is celebrating his most successful year to date for sales and production.
Clive Williams of Maynard House Orchards, of Bradfield St Clare, near Bury St Edmunds, says both are up by more than 20%, while his products are flowing into upmarket establishments throughout London and the UK such as Grosvenor House Hotel and the Bulgari Hotel.
The apple-grower’s range, including new additions such as Apple and Elderflower and Apple and Raspberry, have helped the company to increase sales, having already seen turnover rise by 25% between 2009 and 2011.
The company ethos includes a vow to never sell out to giant supermarkets but to stay true to its “exclusively on-trade” promise.
The industry has responded positively to the brand and Clive says he has no plans to deviate from that.
“We have grown every area of our business in the last year - sales, yield and staff levels have all grown considerably,” he said.
“We were delighted as well to pick up a Great Taste Gold Award and a Quality Food Award.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 6 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 7 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 8 Plans for 115 homes in village gets backing to move forward
- 9 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
“We have found that our customers really value our pledge to stay true to the on-trade and despite offers we have no plans of going back on that.”
Grosvenor House Hotel, based in Park Lane in Mayfair said: “We look for superior quality in our procurement process and apple juice is no different. Due to its superb depth of flavor, Maynard House Orchards apple juice is now available in our Park Lane Market.”