Bury St Edmunds-based N2S celebrates security accreditation for Government IT disposals
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk-based computer equipment lifecycle management company is celebrating after achieving accreditation allowing it to work at the highest level of Government.
Network 2 Supplies (N2S) from Bury St Edmunds has been awarded CAS-S (CESG Assured Service Sanitation) accreditation for data destruction within governmental departments.
CESG is the information security arm of the Government Communications Headquarters (better known as GCHQ) and the National Technical Authority, which is considered the definitive voice on the technical aspects of information security in government.
N2S will now be able to provide Government-approved onsite data sanitisation and recycling of IT equipment which has reached the end of its life.
The accreditation will also allow N2S to specialise in the destruction of Government Security Classified data-bearing assets in accordance with CESG policy.
You may also want to watch:
N2S director Andy Gomarsall said: “Obtaining the CAS-S accreditation is fabulous news for us and is part of the ongoing N2S strategy designed to make us the most secure IT data destruction company within the UK.
“This accreditation will complement the range of services that N2S provides to its client base and one which will be required by our global business partners.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 10 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
N2S can shred or disintegrate all IT equipment including computer hard drives, tapes, mobile phones and associated cabling. It can also offer onsite data wiping and carry out secure moves from one customer site to another, with all of its engineers are security cleared.
The company already works in direct partnership with a number of high profile organisations including the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Home Office, various other government departments, HM Prison Service, UK universities, large NHS organisations and a number of leading industry bodies.
N2S also installs telecommunications and IT infrastructures, so providing a full IT lifecycle management service.
Besides ensuring that data is destroyed or wiped from the equipment it removes, N2S minimises the impact on the environment by recycling components or, where appropriate, providing for assets to be re-used.