Bury St Edmunds-brewed Greene King IPA to be the official beer of English cricket
- Credit: Archant
Greene King IPA it to become the offical beer of English cricket under a new partnership between the Suffolk-based pubs and brewing company and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
The Bury St Edmunds company has agreed a five-year sponsorship deal with the ECB, including the next home Ashes series against Australia in 2019 and well as this summer’s series against Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
Commercial rights included in the deal include access to England players for promotional appearances, in-ground advertising and opportunities to display the ECB brand on retail product.
Chris Houlton, managing director of Greene King’s Brewing and Brands business, said: “With our respective long and established heritage and shared commitment to being the best in class, Greene King is a natural partner for England cricket.
“As we look to introduce our iconic IPA to a broader range of drinkers, we expect the increased exposure this deal will bring for our flagship ale, and our full beer portfolio, to deliver benefits which will be felt across the business.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to partner with the ECB in time for the start of the summer season and we will be with the England cricket team every step of the way over the next five years.”
Sanjay Patel, the ECB’s commercial director, added: “We are very pleased to welcome Greene King to our wider family of business partners and conclude an agreement which will offer significant benefits to cricket.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
“Greene King IPA is an iconic beer brand with a rich heritage and we look forward to working closely with their marketing team to fully maximise the impact of the sponsorship over the next five years.”
Greene King also yesterday announced a deal to become the main beer supplier to Surrey County Cricket Club for all domestic and international matches at the Kia Oval, with the three-year deal including investment in new bar facilities throughout the stadium.
Charlie Hodgson, Surrey CCC commercial director, said: “We are very happy to partner with a company like Greene King, who will offer high quality products to the many thousands of fans visiting the Kia Oval next summer.
“Much like ourselves, Greene King is a modern organisation built on a wonderful heritage. We look forward to growing a successful partnership over the next three years.”