Bury St Edmunds: Businessman highlights energy-saving grants scheme
A BUSINESSMAN who has cut his electricity bills after installing new energy-efficient lighting is encouraging others to follow his lead and apply for their share of grant funding to help pay for the work.
Andrew Hunter, who runs Bury Physio in Maynewater Lane, Bury St Edmunds, applied for a �1,000 “greener business grant”, funded by the former West Suffolk Local Strategic Partnership, which has recently relaunched as West Suffolk Partnership.
The money went towards the cost of a project to replace 20 fluorescent tube lights with low wattage energy-efficient LED lighting.
Mr Hunter said: “The grant certainly tipped me into doing the work.
“Although the overall cost of the project was about �2,400, the �1,000 I received in support made the business case for it.
You may also want to watch:
“Previously, the lights used 3kilowatts, compared with 400watts with the LED lights for around the same level of lighting.
“That is a dramatic reduction which will lead to savings for the business, especially as our gym runs from 7am to 8pm, so we have the lights on a lot.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
The grant is open to not-for-profit organisations or businesses employing up to 250 people in west Suffolk. A total pot of about �40,000 is available.
For more information about the grant scheme call Andrew Oswald on 01284 757622 or e-mail email@example.com