Bury St Edmunds: ChassisCab helps aggregates specialist Cardy expands fleet to meet growing demand
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk haulage company has added to its fleet to help meet growing demand for building materials resulting from an increase in home-improvement, self-build and landscaping project around the region.
Cardy Haulage Contractors, based at Fornham St Genevieve, near Bury St Edmunds, which delivers sand, gravel and recycled materials such as crushed brick and concrete, has acquired a second DAF grab loader which is well-suited for supplying smaller projects.
Wendy Cardy, speaking for the family-owned business, said: “The new grab loader is particularly popular with small independent construction companies who are seeing an increase in the number of individual home build and other commercial projects in the county.
“There is a new confidence in this type of building project which is why we have invested in the new truck, and we hope to see this additional activity continue as it is a sign that things are picking up across all sectors.”
The new vehicle was supplied by Suffolk and Cambridgeshire DAF dealership ChassisCab, which has been supplying Cardy for 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Danson of ChassisCab said: “The DAF CF85 grab loader will help this much-admired local haulage business to continue its good work in the region offering a quick response, quality service as a one-stop supplier of aggregates and materials handling equipment.”
ChassisCab, which is also a family owned business, has been the main DAF dealer for Suffolk since the early 1990s and DAF service dealer for Cambridgeshire since 2006.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
Having started out as a commercial vehicle accident repair centre, ChassisCab has grown to become one of the leading dealers for DAF and a major supplier of trucks in eastern the region.
It has bases at Addison Way in Great Blakenham, near Ipswich, Northern Way in Bury St Edmunds, and Isleham, Cambridgeshire, and employs more than 110 members of staff across the three sites.