Bury St Edmunds: Chimichanga Mexican restaurant to open in town
A MAJOR Mexican restaurant chain, Chimichanga, is planning to open in Abbeygate Street, Bury St Edmunds
Work on site is due to start soon, with a target of being open by Christmas. The premises had been home to La Tasca.
Chimichanga chief executive Jonathan Kaye said: “We are looking forward to opening our new Mexican restaurant, Chimichanga, in Bury St Edmunds.
“We are confident that it will prove popular with people of all ages and be an asset to the town’s social scene.”
The new venture represents an investment of �550,000 by the company.
You may also want to watch:
Chimichanga will employ approximately 20 full and part-time staff.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day