Bury St Edmunds: Custom motorcycle specialist Krazy Horse to become Paton dealer
- Credit: Archant
Custom motorcycle specialist Krazy Horse is to host an open evening to celebrate its launch as a dealer for Italian-based Paton Motorcycles.
The event, at the firm’s Lamdin Road site in Bury St Edmunds on June 5, from 6pm to 10pm, will feature a tribute to Tourist Trophy racing to coincide with this year’s Isle of Man TT races, which start today and run until June 6.
Paton is building a road-going version of the Kawasaki 650-powered twin that it will race at this year’s Isle of Man event, in the hands of 26-year-old British rider Olie Linsdell.
The Paton S1 Strada bike will be raced in the Lightweight TT race category and the street-legal version of the bike, unveiled at the Milan Show last year, will be available from Krazy Horse’s destination venue from June onwards.
“The Paton S1 Strada is a classic street racer,” said Krazy Horse owner Paul Beamish. “It’s a mix of classic Italian styling with mainstream manufacturing, and it’s feisty.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a lot of anticipation about the launch of this top performing but easy to maintain bike brand. The Paton S1 Strada has a unique 60s-look and feel and we are expecting it to grab the attention of motorcycle enthusiasts and collectors throughout the UK.”
The open evening will feature live music, refreshments and a licensed bar served from the Rockers Cafe. Admission is free.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
Krazy Horse, which also offers Norton, Indian Motorcycles, Kikker 5150, Victory machines and its own range of motorcycle clothing, branded as Poachers, is expanding at a time when custom, go-fast motorcycles are enjoying widespread popularity in the UK and around the world.
The recent revival in motorcycle sales has been partly the result of greater media interest created by programmes including Cafe Racer on the Discovery Channel on Sky TV and other car and bike restoration and history programmes.