Bury St Edmunds: Double success for Greene King IPA range in 2013 Monde Selection awards
- Credit: Archant
BURY St Edmunds-based brewer Greene King has received two internationally-recognised quality awards for additions to its flagship Greene King IPA range of beers.
IPA Reserve and IPA Gold, which were launched last year in a major extension of the brand, have both been recognised in the 2013 Monde Selection awards, with IPA Reserve receiving a top “Grand Gold” award and IPA Gold a “Gold” award.
Chris Houlton, managing director of Greene King Brewing and Brands, said: “The pleasing thing for us about these awards is that they clearly demonstrate our commitment to quality and the care and attention we put into crafting our beers.
“We are incredibly proud of the Greene King IPA range, so it’s excellent to see both brand extensions being recognised at the highest level.”
At 5.4%abv (alcohol by volume), Greene King IPA Reserve is aimed at premium ale aficionados looking for distinctiveness and an indulgent beer to savour. Greene King IPA Gold, 4.1%abv, is a golden ale aimed at younger drinkers and those looking for a refreshing alternative to lager and cider.
The awards come as Greene King IPA’s “Crafted for the Moment” advert returns to the nation’s TV screens as part of a £4million campaign to widen the appeal of ale and attract more drinkers.
Additionally, eight ads featuring the UK’s number one premium ale, Old Speckled Hen, are also scheduled as Greene King aims to create a more relevant image for the category.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
Old Golden Hen became the third and final member of the Old Speckled Hen ”family” to win a Monde Selection Award when it was honoured last year.
Monde Selection tests consumer goods from all over the world before awarding Bronze, Silver, Gold and Grand Gold quality labels.
Nearly 3,000 products are tested each year by a panel of more than 70 independent judges, including Michelin starred chefs, members of the French Culinary Academy, brewing engineers, university lecturers, nutrition and health consultants and chemical engineers.
This year’s Monde Selection Awards will be presented during a ceremony in Stockholm on May 31.