Bury St Edmunds: Flow chemistry system passes major milestone
- Credit: Archant
bury st edmunds: Chemistry engineering specialist Vapourtec is celebrating after one of its flagship products passed a major milestone.
It has now sold 200 of its R-Series flow chemistry systems (pictured) globally.
The 200th system, costing thousands of pounds, was purchased by the University of Manitoba in Canada.
The system has a wide range of applications and is used by major firms including BP, Pfizer, GSK, Sanofi, Novartis and Johnson & Johnson.
Vapourtec’s founder and managing director Duncan Guthrie said: “The R-Series system was launched in 2006 with the aim of making flow chemistry, a fast growing alternative to batch chemistry, more flexible, precise and ultimately productive.
“It has impacted positively on flow chemistry research in a wide range of industries and fields covering petrochemicals, flavourings, pharmaceuticals, generic drug manufacture, polymers and organic electronics.
“Already cited as pivotal within 110 published research papers, the R-Series is one of two flow chemistry systems designed and manufactured by Vapourtec with the E-Series launched in 2013.
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 6 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 7 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 10 Dobra's the latest youngster to exit Town... the attacker no longer fits the Blues' timeline
“We are delighted that Geoff has helped us reach the 200 landmark as it demonstrates the loyalty and trust that the R-Series has elicited within chemistry research.”