Bury St Edmunds/ Needham Market: StartUp Suffolk plans marketing events
VOLUNTEER group StartUp Suffolk, which offers help for new businesses from experienced entrepreneurs, will be making its own contribution to the national initiative Marketing 4 StartUp Britain Week, which runs from July 16 to 20.
The week will be launched in London on Monday, July 16, at an event entitled Marketing & Business in the Modern World, at which the keynote speaker will be Lord Young of Graffham, the Government’s enterprise adviser.
On Tuesday, July 17, StartUp Suffolk will be hosting a marketing advice drop-in clinic at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds, alongside a seminar for business owners, The StartUp to Billionaire Blueprint.
And on Friday, July 20, the same programme will be run by StartUp Suffolk at the Dove suite at the Mid Suffolk District Council offices in Needham Market.
Both of the events, which are free and open to anyone in, or about to be in, business, will start at 2pm, with the StartUp to Billlionair Blueprint seminar beginning at 2.30pm, following which drop-in marketing advice will be available until 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Marketing has never been more immediate or more affordable,” said Tim Meadows-Smith, the local champion for StartUp Suffolk who will be at the London launch and will deliver the two Suffolk seminars. “Marketing 4 StartUp Suffolk will boost small businesses and self-employment locally,” he added.
The two Suffolk events will be followed, at 6.30pm on the respective evenings, by the weekly Suffolk Business Life meeting, organised by StartUp Suffolk and held at Benson Blakes bar and grill in Bury and at the Dove suite in Needham.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Admission to the evening events costs �20 and includes a hot supper and a seminar, Online Marketing for Success, focusing on low-cost ideas that minimise risk and boost enquiries from buyers. Bookings can be made online at www.startupsuffolk.co.uk .
StartUp Suffolk is a not-for-profit organisation working in collaboration with local agencies including, the economic development teams at St Edmundsbury and Mid Suffolk councils, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and others, to help small business with information and support.
Several regular attendees at Suffolk Business Life meetings are volunteers for StartUp Suffolk, offering the county’s 4,000-plus new start-ups an independent source of sound advice. Other experienced business people willing to help new and existing ventures in this way, are invited to register at www.StartUpSuffolk.co.uk/participate .