Bury St Edmunds: Servest secures multi-site cleaning contract with King’s College London
Bury St Edmunds-based facilities management provider Servest Group has won a contract with King’s College London to provide cleaning and associated services across its entire estate from September 1 this year.
The college has four campuses along the Thames – Strand to the north of the river and Guy’s, St Thomas’ and Waterloo to the south – plus a campus at Denmark Hill in south London.
They cover a combined area of 411,000 square metres, with the facilities including a mix of scientific areas such as laboratories, classrooms, auditoriums, offices, social space, catering areas and sports facilities, some of them in use around the clock seven days a week.
The facilities also have a variety of users, including staff, students, visiting lecturers and academics, scientists, members of the public and corporate users who rent the spaces outside term time.
“We are delighted to be working with Servest as our strategic partner across our estate,” said Nick O’Donnell, deputy director estates and facilities at King’s College London.
“This contract offers the opportunity to review the way we deliver our cleaning and associated services and will provide a more environmentally-conscious service.”
Rob Legge, group chief executive for the UK and Ireland at Servest, said: “King’s College is a prestigious organisation and we are pleased to be partnering with them to provide cleaning and other soft services across their substantial estate.”
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 5 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 8 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 9 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 10 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
Servest Group, a member of the EADT/EDP Top100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, is a leading facilities management provider employing more than 15,000 people over 4,500 sites across the UK. It is 73% owned by Servest South Africa with the remainder owned by the UK management team.
The UK operation has its corporate office in Bury St Edmunds and also has bases in London, Harrogate, Rickmansworth, Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh.