Bury St Edmunds: Successful first year for Printing.com franchisee
A Bury St Edmunds woman who worked at a local fish and chip shop to fund her way through a three-year degree course has celebrated a successful first year in business.
Having worked at the Printing.com outlet in Bury as a graphic designer, Melissa Stannard, 32, took the opportunity last year to purchase the franchise when the then owners retired.
Melissa, a single mother of two young children who studied at Anglia Ruskin University, has since relocated the business to new premises off Eastgate Street and expanded its client base.
“It has been a rollercoaster of fun, hardwork and long hours but ultimately extremely rewarding,” she said. “The highlight has been being able to employ a graduate designer to work alongside me in the business”.
Melissa attributes her success to the support she has received from other local businesses and organisations as well as that of the Printing.com franchise.
You may also want to watch:
She hopes her success story will inspire other young people to pursue their dream of running their own business.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road