Bury St Edmunds: Vapourtec flow chemistry firm celebrates 10th year
- Credit: Archant
Vapourtec, which designs and manufactures flow chemistry systems, is celebrating 10 years in business and being featured in 100 peer reviewed publications.
Founder Duncan Guthrie said: “It’s very pleasing to look back over the past decade and see the progress we’ve made.”
“We have sold our flow chemistry units to the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies with most returning to purchase multiple systems and in 2011 we established a strategic presence in Malaysia to service the Asian market which now represents our biggest area of growth.
“We have also become the first firm in our field to have been featured in 100 peer reviewed publications submitted by our customers and Vapourtec’s systems have recently played a key role in research that has identified more efficient manufacturing of key drugs including Tamoxifen for Breast Cancer.
“Flow chemistry as a process represents the future and we are actively involved in research with many major college and university chemistry departments around the world. It’s vital that we educate future generations of chemists as to the many advantages on using flow chemistry.
“These are very exciting times for Vapourtec with our systems continuing to be at the cutting edge of chemistry breakthroughs.”
Vapourtec’s customers come from a wide variety of sectors across the globe including education, pharmaceutical and industry and its technology has been cited as playing a pivotal part in recent major research breakthroughs.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 4 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 9 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
- 10 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
Established in 2003, it has developed a flourishing international market for its technology with sales across much of the developed world including USA, China, Japan, Singapore and India.