Bury St Edmunds: West Suffolk College launches engineering apprenticeship framework initiative
- Credit: Archant
Training to develop the engineering skills of an existing employee or to train a new recruit is available from West Suffolk College, starting from April.
The Engineering Apprenticeship framework covers all key sector skills and can be tailored to meet employers’ requirements, including most aspects of machining, maintenance and manufacturing.
The college can also provide support to employers through the entire process of taking on an apprentice.
Full or part funding is available for some apprenticeships and the Services to Business (S2B) team at West Suffolk College can advise on eligibility criteria. Student loans are available for some Level 3 programmes.
Courses on offer include: Performing Engineering Operations, Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering.
You may also want to watch:
West Suffolk College will provide specialist advice to ensure that companies establish the right training for employee needs.
For companies looking to recruit, the S2B team will help develop the right profile and support companies throughout the process of matching the right person to the role.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 10 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
Call the Services to Business team to begin the enrolment or recruitment process on 01284 716246, email email@example.com or visit the Employers page on the college website at www.westsuffolk.ac.uk .