Bury St Edmunds: West Suffolk College to host study for CIPS Diploma
- Credit: Archant
The Essex and Suffolk School of Purchasing (ESSP) and West Suffolk College have teamed up to allow students to study for the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Diploma.
The school, which was launched five years ago, already offers CIPS qualifications in Essex and east Suffolk but study was not previously available in Bury.
David Howells, deputy principal at West Suffolk College, said; “West Suffolk College is delighted to be able to offer our venue and facilities to enable professional training. We are in the business of delivering education and we are pleased to work with ESSP to help facilitate a course for procurement professionals in the west of the county”.
Esther Redman from the CIPS said the organisation was delighted to hear about the partnership between the college and the ESSP.
“We are always looking for opportunities to help widen the network of CIPS Study Centres and a new venue for study in Bury St Edmunds provides more choice for students interested in the profession and how it supports organisational success,” she added.
“As a global body, our qualifications are recognised throughout the world and CIPS provides leading-edge thinking and support to anyone in procurement and supply management. The post-nominal MCIPS, is recognised worldwide as the benchmark standard for excellence and also ethical procurement practice.”
Jane Steer, centre head at ESSP, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for those students who work or live in the west of the county. Bury is so accessible from so many additional places such as Sudbury, Haverhill, Thetford and Newmarket.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 3 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 10 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
“Being able to study in the evening will enable students who cannot get released from work the chance to enjoy the fantastic support currently experienced by our students at our centre in Ipswich. ESSP delivers the full suite of CIPS qualifications from Advanced Certificate through to the Professional Diploma.”