Bury St Edmunds: West Suffolk College to work with Suffolk Chamber on extension of mentoring scheme
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk College is working with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce to extend its successful Business to Business Mentoring scheme.
The initiative was launched in east Suffolk in 2011, with many successful mentoring relationships having been estalbished, and the aim now is to extend it to the west of the county.
Anyone with a proven business track record and willing to volunteer as a mentor is invited to a free launch event at Zest, the restaurant on the main West Suffolk College campus in Out Risbygate, Bury St Edmunds, on Wednesday, November 20.
Welcome drinks and canapés will be served from 6.00pm. Speakers who have been involved in the successful B2B programme in east Suffolk will explain how the programme works and the benefits involved for both parties.
After the talks, there will be an opportunity to ask questions and to network, with the event expected to close at around 7.30pm.
Karen Last from Clayden Financial, who has been mentoring Caroline Gould of Caroline Gould Events, said: “I have gained a huge sense of satisfaction from mentoring, and I am amazed at how much I do actually know! Mentoring has reinforced my own sense of ability, improving my confidence levels and effectiveness.”
Members of the business community who are interested in attending the event can register online on the West Suffolk College website www.westsuffolk.ac.uk .
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 3 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 4 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 5 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 10 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
For further details, call Nicola Pratt on 01473 694808, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Services to Business team at West Suffolk College on 01284 716246,
The launch event forms part of the college’s Enterprise Week programme, which runs from November 18 to 22.