Bury Whitsun Fayre is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
A popular festival that sees the seaside come to Bury St Edmunds town centre has fallen victim to the coronavirus.
The Our Bury St Edmunds Whitsun Fayre was due to take place over the late Spring Bank Holiday weekend of May 24 and 25 but will now not take place because of the outbreak.
The annual fayre attracts thouands of visitors and is organised by the Our Bury St Edmunds Business Improvement District (BID).
Chief executive Mark Cordell said: “This is a desperately sad decision to make but it is undoubtedly the right one in the current circumstances.
“Our Bury St Edmunds will continue to support its members during this unprecedented situation as best as it can.
You may also want to watch:
“When it is once again appropriate for us to deliver events that are likely to encourage large crowds in the town centre, then we will of course do so.”
For more information visit the BID website.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting