Local firms turn out for Tendring business breakfast
- Credit: Nancy Sword/TDC
More than 30 local firms attended a business breakfast event run by Tendring District Council’s Regeneration team on Tuesday, September 4.
Marketing expert Karen Ainley, from Mosaic Publicity, was keynote speaker at the event held at The Waterfront in Dovercourt.
She explained to the 40 delegates who attended that many firms had seen their client engagement increase post-GDPR regulations – and told them that the new rules should be seen as an opportunity rather than a challenge.
Ms Ainley also highlighted ways in which firms could benefit from marketing themselves using relatively cheap new technologies.
Businesses also heard from Richard Bayley, managing director of North Essex Garden Communities, who spoke about the opportunities the garden community project could present beyond the creation of new homes.
You may also want to watch:
Those attending also had the chance to network at the breakfast.
Event organiser Christian Bone, economic development officer at Tendring District Council, said the breakfast was just one way the authority was working to drive business growth in the area.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
“We want to see Tendring businesses thrive and develop, and TDC has a key role to play in this,” he said.
“The council wants to help firms connect together to create opportunities for joint working and business growth, as well as helping develop their skills by learning from speakers such as Karen and Richard.”
To find out more about the Regeneration Team and hear about future events,, contact email@example.com