Business leader to question politicians
Ipswich hustings set for Trinity Park
PARLIAMENTARY candidates for the crucial Ipswich constituency will joining leading business figures at a special Question Time-style hustings at the end of the month.
The debate will kick off the Suffolk Business Exhibition on April 28, which is taking place at Trinity Park Conference Centre at Suffolk Showground.
The debate is being chaired by experienced broadcaster and independent facilitator, Rachel Sloane. To cope with anticipated demand, the debate is also being relayed live into the main exhibition hall.
Three parliamentary contenders for the Ipswich seat – Chris Mole (Labour), Ben Gummer (Conservative) and Mark Dyson (Lib Dem) - will be facing the audience. For good measure, they will be joined by Duncan Brodie, business editor of the East Anglian Daily Times, and Julie West, chief executive of Tastes of Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy Arbon, president of Suffolk Chamber, said, “With the General Election taking place on May 6, Question Time is a great opportunity to hear from the candidates literally days before the nation votes at the ballot box.
“It is critical that the need to nurture the economy and support business and enterprise remains at the heart of any future government’s thinking,” she added. “The period immediately before and after May 6 provides the best opportunity we have to influence the shape of the medium term future.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship
Question Time is being sponsored by East Anglian Daily Times, Suffolk Business magazine and accountants PKF (UK) LLP. The exhibition is open between 2.00 pm and 7.00 pm. While the exhibition is free to attend and open to all, exhibitors need to be members of either Suffolk Chamber of Commerce or Ipswich & Suffolk Small Business Association.
Doors open at 12.30, and it is first come, first served for ISSBA and Chamber of Commerce members. In true Question Time format, the panellists have no prior knowledge of the questions.
To put question to the panel, email: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26 for consideration.