Businesses help dogs have their day
ORGANISERS of Suffolk Dog Day have praised the “incredible response” from firms who have dug deep into their pockets to support it.
Helmingham Hall will be hosting the event for the fifth year on July 29.
Organisers are optimistic that it will have covered all its costs by the time gates open, thanks to generous sponsorship from many local companies.
Hopkins Homes chief executive James Hopkins said the day had become “a significant commercial opportunity for companies to engage with potential customers in a fun, family environment”.
At the same time, firms could support “an extremely good cause” in the Suffolk Foundation, which funds life-changing projects throughout the county. he said.
New event chairman Iain Jamie said it had been the team’s goal to cover costs before the start of hte event.
“Dog Day costs about �18,000 to stage and our goal was to achieve this before the gates open at the end of next month. If you don’t invest into the day in this way, it is not the wonderful experience that so many people have come to enjoy,” he said.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
“We have had an incredible response from businesses and firms who have really dug deep in these tough economic times to support the cause. This is quite a realization that people really do understand the importance of this day and the significance of the work throughout the county that The Suffolk Foundation can achieve through this major fund-raising event.”
The group behind The Westleton Crown and The Ship at Dunwich, which offers dog friendly accommodation, confirmed sponsorship this week of the new pay stations which will greet people on their arrival.
“They join sponsors that have supported us right from the start,” said Mr Jamie. “Adnams and Hopkins Homes really took the lead. Others, Skinners, Birketts, Orwell Vets, Marianna, Cooper Ipswich and Suffolk New College have been amazingly loyal in their commitment.”
Held in parkland at award-winning Helmingham Hall as a �45,000plus, fund-raiser for The Suffolk Foundation, the fun day out for all the family attracts two legged attendance at more than 7000 with a minimum six hour dwell time. Over four years it has raised more than �150,000.
This year more than 10 new sponsors have signed up. Businesses still have time to apply for pitches in the trade stand area, the prices start at �75 for a 3 x 3m space.
For details, visit www.suffolkdogday.com or call Elizabeth on 01473 602602.