Businessman fends off man armed with knife in Walton attempted robbery
Police are investigating an attempted robbery in which a 50-year-old businessman fought off a man armed with a knife in Walton.
The incident happened in Kino Road at around 9pm on Sunday, April 9.
The 50-year-old from Clacton had been locking up his business for the night when he was approached from behind.
An Essex Police spokesman said the suspect held a knife to the businessman, and demanded to be taken to the store’s safe.
Shortly afterwards the suspect lunged at the businessman, who managed to defend himself in the attack.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect then ran off, the spokesman added.
Investigating officers are now appealing for witnesses and anyone who may have relevant information to come forward as they attempt to trace the suspect.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Anyone with information should call police on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.