Firm’s delight as monster crane arrives
- Credit: Archant
A crane hire business has expressed delight at the arrival of an 110 tonne mobile crane — thought to be the first for the south of England.
Colchester-based Cadman Cranes has taken delivery of a Liebherr LTM 1110-5.1 All Terrain crane, which is able to travel on UK roads complete with its 29 tonne counterweight.
The firm rents out a diverse range of cranes from capacities ranging from 7 tonnes to 180 tonnes.
MORE — Firm’s legacy ‘will be honoured’ after being bought out by directorsManaging director Matt Waddingham said his company had outperformed expectations this year in “a very challenging” environment allowing the business to bring forward this investment.
“We are thrilled to be in a position to take ownership of the first 110t crane from Liebherr in the south of the country.
“We have always admired the quality of their machines — versatile, strong and innovative, loved by our customers, loved by our operators and I am very excited about seeing this new concept doing quality work across the region.
You may also want to watch:
“At a time when a lot of companies must reconsider their investment plans, I am proud that Cadman Cranes can show this kind of commitment to the industry, our customers and the future.”
- 1 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 2 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 3 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 4 Temporary mortuary to open as virus deaths continue to increase
- 5 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 6 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 8 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 9 'That league will be like a walk in the park for him' - Fans react to Town signing midfielder Harrop
- 10 New campaign aims to encourage residents to Discover Suffolk by making country walks fun