Cambridge-based Marshall wins Aerospace and Defence honour at Insider Made in the UK Awards
- Credit: Archant
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is celebrating after receiving a top national manufacturing award.
The Cambridge-based company won Aerospace and Defence award at the Insider Made in the UK Awards 2015, for which it qualified by winning the Aerospace and Defence and Apprentice and Training categories in the East and Central regional round.
Rolls-Royce, Jaguar Land Rover and other world-class manufacturers were among the national winners and shortlisted businesses in the nine categories, the winners of which were announced at the Insider Made in the UK national awards held at St George’s Hall in Liverpool.
The judges said: “Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group specialises in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil, military and business aircraft and defence solutions – they have local impact with a global reach”.
Steve Fitz-Gerald, chief executive of Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group, said: “We are tremendously proud to be trusted by our customers around the world; we take great pride in delivering on time, within budget and fit-for-purpose.
You may also want to watch:
“This award is testament to the hard work and dedication of our teams who are focused on delivering innovative engineering solutions to ten Air Forces, Ministries of Defence, key OEMs, airlines and operators.”
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group specialises in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of military and commercial aircraft, business aviation services, the design and manufacture of special mission vehicles and shelters for the armed forces and humanitarian aid organisations, and the provision of personnel and training into advanced engineering sectors.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
The company’s primary customers are major platform OEMs (original equipment manufacturers), such as Boeing, Airbus, BAE Systems, Bombardier, Lockheed martin and Embraer, commercial airlines and major MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) organisations.
It employs more than 1,750 people at its main 800-acre site in Cambridge, which includes 1.2million sq ft of hangar space plus the company-owned Cambridge Airport. It also has two other sites in the UK (Broughton in Flintshire, Wales, and Kirkbymoorside in Yorkshire) and offices in Australia, Canada and The Netherlands.
Last year, it was named as a Boeing Supplier of the Year in recognition of its performance in manufacturing and supplying fuel tanks for the US Navy P-8 maritime reconnaissance fleet.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group, which employs more than 4,500 worldwide and which has a turnover of £1.3billion.