Canine Creche Group to open new franchise in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk-based Canine Creche Group has now sold a dozen franchises - with the latest new site due to open in Ipswich shortly.
Candace Rose launched the original Suffolk Canine Creche at Martlesham, near Woodbridge, in 2011 and is now aiming to roll out the concept – which offers dogs a home-from-home while their owners are away or at work – on a national basis.
The first franchised site opened in Bury St Edmunds in November 2016 and the latest, bringing the number of creches operating to five, is to be located at Unit 7 within The Sterling Complex on the Farthing Road Industrial Estate in Ipswich.
It will be launched with a pre-opening event on Sunday, February 25, between noon and 4pm, when dog owners – and their dogs – are welcome to drop in for a look around.
Candace Rose said: “We are thrilled to be launching our business model throughout the UK and we have had an incredible response from the local community within Ipswich. Clearly this is a service which is already greatly sought after.
You may also want to watch:
“Our service is critical for people who are at work all day and feel guilty about leaving Fido alone, or perhaps may have a non-dog friendly retirement hobby or a new puppy that needs socialisation skills developed in a safe way.”
Initially the Ipswich creche will offer day care services and “Puppy Party’s”, with additional services to be added in the future.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
“We would love to see dog owners for a fur-bulous fun packed time on the February, 25,” said Candace. “Join us for a tour, nibbles and fizz.”
The franchisee team at the Ipswich creche is led by Clare Holmes as managing director. She has been based at the Martlesham site for a few months where she has been trained to operate to the group’s standards, including how to carry out temperament test on dogs to ensure their suitability for the creche environment in which dogs mingle freely together.
Candace added: “Our franchising project is very exciting. We intend to change the animal care industry for the better across the UK, and we believe our awards and reputation demonstrate that we are the organisation to do so.”
The original Suffolk Canine Creche was a 2015 member of the Future50 community of up-and-coming businesses in Suffolk and Norfolk and has also won a number of awards, including the Customer Care and Future50 One To Watch categories of the EADT Business Awards in 2016.