Carter Jonas expands in East with acquisition of Januarys and Bradshaws
- Credit: Archant
National estate agency firm Carter Jonas is to acquire the East Anglia-based property company Januarys, which includes a planning consultancy in Bury St Edmunds.
Carter Jonas is acquiring New Square Holdings Group, which includes both Januarys and residential sales and lettings agency Bradshaws.
Januarys and Bradshaws are both based in Cambridge, with Januarys also owning John Popham Planning in Bury, which it acquired last July, and a development land business based in Northampton.
All the businesses will become part of Carter Jonas with from January 30, increasing the firm’s team in Cambridge to 80 and leaving it with a network of offices locations in the eastern region also including Bury, Long Melford, Sawston, Peterborough and Northampton.
Will Mooney, head of commercial at Carter Jonas in Cambridge, said: “The acquisition of Januarys’ commercial business further strengthens our team advising colleges and corporate clients across both the public and private sectors.”
Colin Brown, who joins Carter Jonas as a partner to head the planning team in Cambridge, added: “Carter Jonas already has a planning team under Richard Seamark that is well respected in the eastern region, and by bringing the two consultancies together, including our recent acquisition of John Popham Planning in Bury St Edmunds, we will establish one of the strongest planning teams in the region.”
“In addition, we are looking forward to the support of the 33 strong planning & development team in London, which has recently been strengthened by the acquisition of Planning Perspectives.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
The combined residential sales and lettings businesses will initially trade as Carter Jonas Bradshaws.
Simon Dazeley, who is currently chairman of New Square Holdings and will join Carter Jonas as a consultant, said: “Combining our well established business with national brand Carter Jonas is a great development, not only for our existing clients, but also for prospective ones.
“Together, we will now be able to offer advice across a broad range of property sectors from a consultancy that will be one of the strongest in the eastern region.”
Tim Jones, head of Carter Jonas in Cambridge, added: “We are delighted that the Januarys and Bradshaws teams are joining us.
“They have developed an excellent business over the last few years, and together we will be one of the strongest national property consultancies in Cambridge”.