Catering firm Edwards & Blake lands St Alban’s school contract in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk-based contract caterer Edwards & Blake has started work under a new contract at St Alban’s Catholic School in Ipswich.
The Swaffham company started serving breakfast, break and lunch meals to the 1,000 pupils at the beginning of the autumn term.
It has added a new Sixth Form café and an outdoor service pod to reduce waiting times and support a wider menu range, and overseen a makeover and re-branding of the existing dining area.
As well as offering traditional favourites, students can look forward to dishes such as Thai lemongrass and stem ginger chicken, Tenessee bacon and BBQ burgers and Cajun pork with coriander salsa. The firm has also produced is own range of “Grab & Go” food including wraps, pots and hot boxes.
Edwards & Blake will also provide a premium hospitality service for internal and external events held at the school.
You may also want to watch:
The company provides freshly-cooked food to more than 70 schools and 25 businesses across East Anglia, the Midlands and the South East of England.
The contract at St. Alban’s is one of 11 new deals secured by Edwards & Blake in 2015 making it the highest grossing year in the company’s 18-year history with the combined full-term value of the new contracts being more than £7million.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
The contract wins include nine new clients in the education sector including a Further Education college in Essex as well as two new significant business contracts – Domino Printing Sciences in Cambridge and Duxford-based Hexcel Composites.
Seán Salter, business manager at St Alban’s Catholic High School said: “We are all looking forward to Edwards & Blake delivering high quality food to our pupils.
“The new outdoor food outlet and Sixth Form coffee shop will greatly enhance our pupils’ dining experience. Their understanding of our needs and their enthusiasm to provide a tailored service are what made them our first choice.”
Shirley Edwards, co-founder and director of Edwards & Blake, said: “We’re delighted to have been awarded the contract to provide the catering at St Alban’s Catholic School.
“We have enjoyed designing and installing the new Sixth Form Café and the new serving pod and pupils will enjoy eating the new menus we’ve created in the fully refreshed dining area.
“We’re incredibly excited to be starting in September and are looking forward to working with the staff and students to provide a quality catering service that meets their requirements.”