Celebrating the best in the region’s PR world
- Credit: Sieve
More than 160 PR professionals gathered at The Guildhall in Cambridge last night for the CIPR PRide Awards – the region’s annual public relations showpiece.
Pier PR & Marketing, Twelve PR, Big Wave PR and Genesis PR picked up two Gold Awards each, with the latter winning the coveted Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy award.
Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel took home the Gold Awards in the Consumer Relations and Best Event categories for their innovative work spotlighting the bravery and sacrifice of the Armed Forces.
Greater Anglia’s media officer, Lucy Wright ACIPR won the Outstanding Young Communicator award. Judges praised Lucy as: “an ambassador for the profession” who demonstrates a “real commitment to continuing professional development”.
CIPR East Anglia chair Becky Hall MCIPR said:“There is a huge amount of talent and innovation in the communications industry across East Anglia and the Thames and Chiltern area. The high standard of the entries this year is evidence that communications professionals continue to rise to the challenges of a fast-evolving PR and business landscape. The CIPR PRide Awards are an opportunity to showcase and heartily celebrate the work that teams and individuals deliver for organisations in the region.”
You may also want to watch:
Gold Award winners included:
Corporate and Business Communications Campaign - Genesis PR, OFTEC Turns Up the Heat on Government Policy
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
Consumer Relations Campaign - Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel, WWII Veterans’ Journeys of Remembrance
Not-for-Profit Campaign - Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, Grenfell Tower: Reassuring our Residents
Regional Campaign of the Year - Pier PR & Marketing and East of England Co-op, Co-op Guide to Dating
Best Use of Media Relations – Twelve PR, Creating a buzz for the British Beekeepers
Best Use of Content - Twelve PR, Can You Tell? Canned Food vs. Fresh
Best Use of Photography or Design - Pier PR & Marketing, Future of British Produce: East of England Co-op
Best Event – Big Wave PR and Remembrance Travel, WWII Veterans to Lay Old Ghosts to Rest
Outstanding Young Communicator - Lucy Wright ACIPR, Greater Anglia
Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy - DMC PR
Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy - Genesis PR
The Not-for-Profit Campaign was won by Essex County Fire and Rescue Service for Grenfell Tower: Reassuring our Residents