Chairman of Ipswich-based MLM Steve Oliver joins board of New Anglia LEP
The chairman of Suffolk-based engineering, building and development consultancy MLM is to join the board of New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership.
Steve Oliver has been part of MLM for 25 years, during which time it has grown from a small structural consulting business in Ipswich to an international firm employing 375 people in 12 UK offices and in Europe, South America and the Middle East.
He currently leads the company’s overseas activities and is also a director of MLM Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Mr Oliver said: “I’ve lived and worked in the east for over 30 years and these are some of the most exciting times for the region we have ever seen. I’m looking forward to be part of a team challenged with delivering the LEP commitments on housing, skills and investment in supporting our businesses to grow and create high value jobs.”
Mark Pendlington, chairman of New Anglia LEP, said Mr Oliver’s expertise would bring a new dimension to the board.
You may also want to watch:
“The LEP is already investing millions in new college centres, roads and innovation centres across Suffolk and Norfolk, but we have plenty more ideas and pipeline projects that will benefit from the skills and insight that Steve can bring,” he added.
“Steve is also an active member of our Building Growth group and is already helping to understand the barriers and issues that are preventing our region from building the homes of the future that we so desperately need.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 6 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 7 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents