Charity partner sought for Ipswich Twilight 10K Road Races
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Building Society is offering a local charity the opportunity to benefit from a partnership with this year’s Twilight 10K Road Races in the town.
The mass-participation event, being held for the four year in a row by Ipswich Jaffa Running Club in association with the building society, Suffolk New College and Ipswich Borough Council, takes place on Friday, August 3.
Applications are now invited for the role of sole charity partner, with the successful organisation receiving 10 places for fundraising runners as well as substantial publicity.
Ipswich Building Society chief executive Richard Norrington said: “We are pleased to invite charities to apply to be the official race charity partner and benefit from this growing event, which has become an annual highlight among the Suffolk running community.
“The selected charity will be able to fundraise through their allocation of free places and also raise awareness of their work in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
To qualify, charities must operate solely or principally in the Ipswich and Suffolk areas and promote, encourage or facilitate physical activity and wellbeing.
Charities who wish to apply should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why they would like to be chosen. Applications close on Saturday, February 10. Several hundred racers have already signed up, with the first 1,000 entitled to a free official race t-shirt sponsored by Ensors.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores