Charity Variety, improves the lives of children across the UK
- Credit: Archant
Housebuilder Crest Nicholson’s massive £52,000 donation to the children’s charity Variety.
Regional housebuilder Crest Nicholson Eastern hosted an official cheque presentation at its head office in Brentwood yesterday.
The award-winning developer raised £52,525.25 for children’s charity, Variety, at their biennial Christmas Ball and a charity golf day.
Crest Nicholson has a long-standing history with Variety, its chosen corporate charity, and has supported the charity since 2005.
Variety is a national children’s charity that aims to improve the lives of disadvantaged or disabled children and young people throughout the UK, by providing both practical help and specialist equipment.
Crest Nicholson Eastern’s charity Christmas Ball last year was a huge success, with money being raised through raffle ticket sales and a silent auction.
A charity golf day was hosted last month at the beautiful Waverly Park Golf Club. More than 100 competitors took part in the all-day event, followed by an evening auction for donated prizes.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
Peter Diffley, managing director at Crest Nicholson Eastern said: “The money raised through our fundraising events will provide vital equipment to disadvantaged children across the country including a much-needed Sunshine coach. We’re very proud that this money will be going to such a worthwhile cause. Variety has been our charity partner for over a decade and we look forward to continue to work with them to support the fantastic work they do.”
Colleen Ettridge, head of fundraising at Variety said: “Variety is extremely grateful to have the generous support of Crest Nicholson Eastern which is helping disabled and disadvantaged children and young people to have the opportunity to get the most out of their young lives and the skills to build brighter futures.”
Variety is probably best known for its Sunshine coaches but it does so much more.
It improve the lives of children and young people throughout the UK who are sick, disabled or disadvantaged.
Variety provides coaches and bespoke wheelchairs, specialist, sensory and recreational equipment for use in the home, school, children’s hospitals and youth centres and creates memorable experiences through “Variety Great Days Out”.