Cheque presented to Age (UK) Suffolk at event
- Credit: Archant
Business birthday celebration at Basepoint networking event
The latest Basepoint business centre networking event, in Ipswich, included a 50th birthday celebration.
At the networking event held at Basepoint Ipswich not only was there an excellent speaker in Katrina Love who gave an insight into positive thinking in business, they also celebrated with Barton Electrical, of Ipswich.
Graham Barton had been running his electrical business for 50 years on Monday March 13, and he invited the guests at the networking hub to join him in some cake and celebrations.
Also, at the event, a cheque was presented to AGE UK Suffolk for £10,000, which was match funded over the past 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager Alison Morrissey said: “We were so pleased to be able to celebrate with Graham who is a regular at our networking hubs and to also be able to present a cheque to Jo Reeder from AGE UK Suffolk for this amount of money, we have built up a special relationship in working with this charity and with social care high on the agenda we will be continuing to support them over the next 12 months.”
Basepoint and AGE UK Suffolk are rounding off the charity year at the end of March with a Spring Ball at Ufford Park on March 24. There are still a few tickets left. If anyone would like to attend contact email@example.com or call 01473 722700.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
Basepoint specialises in the development and operation of managed business, innovation and enterprise centres. These centres provide comprehensive accommodation and support infrastructure packages to new and early-stage companies within a supportive and secure environment. The company operates both wholly- and part-owned centres as well as managing facilities on behalf of public sector bodies.
Group operations currently extend across Southern England, Midlands, East Anglia and Wales, with additional opportunities under assessment across the UK.
Uniquely, Basepoint is wholly owned by a charitable trust, The ACT Foundation, whose mission is to ‘ACT to enhance the quality of life for people in need’. Any profit from the Basepoint operation is used by the Trust to further its charitable objectives within the communities that it serves.