Cheque presented to Age (UK) Suffolk at event
- Credit: Archant
Business birthday celebration at Basepoint networking event
The latest Basepoint business centre networking event, in Ipswich, included a 50th birthday celebration.
At the networking event held at Basepoint Ipswich not only was there an excellent speaker in Katrina Love who gave an insight into positive thinking in business, they also celebrated with Barton Electrical, of Ipswich.
Graham Barton had been running his electrical business for 50 years on Monday March 13, and he invited the guests at the networking hub to join him in some cake and celebrations.
Also, at the event, a cheque was presented to AGE UK Suffolk for £10,000, which was match funded over the past 12 months.
Centre manager Alison Morrissey said: “We were so pleased to be able to celebrate with Graham who is a regular at our networking hubs and to also be able to present a cheque to Jo Reeder from AGE UK Suffolk for this amount of money, we have built up a special relationship in working with this charity and with social care high on the agenda we will be continuing to support them over the next 12 months.”
Basepoint and AGE UK Suffolk are rounding off the charity year at the end of March with a Spring Ball at Ufford Park on March 24. There are still a few tickets left. If anyone would like to attend contact email@example.com or call 01473 722700.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 4 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 5 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 6 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 7 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 8 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 9 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
Basepoint specialises in the development and operation of managed business, innovation and enterprise centres. These centres provide comprehensive accommodation and support infrastructure packages to new and early-stage companies within a supportive and secure environment. The company operates both wholly- and part-owned centres as well as managing facilities on behalf of public sector bodies.
Group operations currently extend across Southern England, Midlands, East Anglia and Wales, with additional opportunities under assessment across the UK.
Uniquely, Basepoint is wholly owned by a charitable trust, The ACT Foundation, whose mission is to ‘ACT to enhance the quality of life for people in need’. Any profit from the Basepoint operation is used by the Trust to further its charitable objectives within the communities that it serves.