SECRETARY Cheryl Williams is celebrating a 40-year milestone.Ms Williams started work as a receptionist at the Bury St Edmunds office of accountancy and business advisory firm Baker Tilly, then known as Oliver Lusher & Co, in August 1967.
SECRETARY Cheryl Williams is celebrating a 40-year milestone.
Ms Williams started work as a receptionist at the Bury St Edmunds office of accountancy and business advisory firm Baker Tilly, then known as Oliver Lusher & Co, in August 1967.
She was soon promoted to shorthand typist and continued expanding her administrative role over the next 40 years.
“When I first joined the firm I was working with cumbersome manual typewriters. Fax machines were non-existent, messages were sent by large telex machines and the photocopier was a labour-intensive contraption which involved two sheets of paper and a lot of liquid,” she recalled.
You may also want to watch:
Baker Tilly marked Ms Williams' milestone with a special drinks party for past and present work colleagues, and the firm's national managing partner, Laurence Longe, presented her with a digital camera and printer.
David Franklin, a partner in the audit team, described her as a “hard-working and responsible employee”.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
“We are honoured that she has chosen to stay with us for such an incredible length of time. Her loyalty is unrivalled, and very highly valued,” he said.