Chief executives at Stansted and Manchester Airports swap roles
- Credit: MAG
A new chief executive has been appointed at Stansted Airport.
Ken O’Toole, currently chief executive officer at Manchester Airport, is set to swap roles with Andrew Cowan, Stansted’s current CEO who has led the airport since April 2016. The changes will come into effect in September.
Mr O’Toole will lead more than 1,600 Manchester Airport Group (MAG) staff at the site, which passed the 25 million passengers a year milestone in July for the first time in its history, and has planning permission for a new £130m arrivals building.
The airport is planning to submit a planning application in the coming months to increase the number of flights and passengers permitted to make full use of the existing single runway and airport infrastructure.
Charlie Cornish, chief executive of MAG, said: “Both Ken and Andrew have demonstrated they are first class airport leaders during their career at MAG.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased to have appointed them as the new CEOs of London Stansted and Manchester respectively.
“I know that they will successfully develop their airports further as they play an even bigger role providing the global connectivity and runway capacity that this country needs in the coming years. Both airports are about to embark on significant periods of development and investment, and Ken and Andrew are the right people to lead them during this critical time.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 9 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 10 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
Mr O’Toole, a qualified chartered accountant, has led Manchester Airport since February 2013 and is an executive director of MAG, sitting on its board. Prior to joining the group, he spent six years with Ryanair, joining initially as head of revenue management and latterly as director of new route development.