Chinese firm makes UK debut in Suffolk
ONE of China's leading clothing producers and retailers has opened its first UK store in Bury St Edmunds. Bosideng, which sells high end men's clothing, chose the Suffolk town to act as a blueprint ahead of major expansion plans to open 30 stores across the UK in the coming year, representing a £5 million investment in the UK market.
ONE of China's leading clothing producers and retailers has opened its first UK store in Bury St Edmunds.
Bosideng, which sells high end men's clothing, chose the Suffolk town to act as a blueprint ahead of major expansion plans to open 30 stores across the UK in the coming year, representing a £5 million investment in the UK market.
The Chinese retailer has teamed up with Greenwoods, a leading UK specialist for men's suit hire which is part of Hanson Partners, to bring its unique stylish collections to Europe.
The two companies have worked together in recent years, however the £300,000 refit of the former Greenwoods store in Bury St Edmunds marks the start of their partnership in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gao, chairman of Bosideng, is visiting the store in St John's Street today accompanied by John Hanson, chairman of Greenwoods.
Bosideng is a household name in China where it employs around 19,000 staff in one of mainland China's largest clothing production centres. The Bosideng brand is estimated to be worth around £1.5 billion, with its 8,000 stores taking revenues of approximately £2.2 billion last year.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
Greenwoods was established in 1860 and now has more than 90 stores nationwide. Specialising in offering value menswear products, it also has a popular suit hire service called 1860.
The partnership will see Greenwoods delivering all of the future Bosideng stores throughout Europe.
Mr Hanson said: “We have been working with the Gao family for the past six years and are delighted with the partnership so far.
“We are looking forward to maintaining this excellent growing relationship with Bosideng and our own family-run company and are very excited with the venture and the opportunity to open another 100 shops over the next five years.”
Mr Gao, said: “We are delighted to have opened one of our first two stores in Europe here in Bury St Edmunds and we plan for this to be just the start of bringing Bosideng stores to UK and European consumers.
“This has been possible through close working with our partners Greenwoods and we hope the people of Bury St Edmunds enjoy visiting this ground-breaking store.”
* The former Greenwoods store has been relocated to another building a few doors away in St John's Street.