COLCHESTER law firm Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP has appointed a housing expert to its growing family law team.Chris Ellis, 32, became interested in housing issues while studying for his PhD in philosophy at Essex University.
COLCHESTER law firm Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP has appointed a housing expert to its growing family law team.
Chris Ellis, 32, became interested in housing issues while studying for his PhD in philosophy at Essex University. Before joining the law firm, he spent six years working for housing and homelessness charity Shelter as an administrator, housing case worker in Essex and Suffolk and also as a legal writer and editor on numerous Shelter publications.
He hopes to qualify as a solicitor in the near future, and says he is “very pleased” to have joined the firm.
“There are many pressing issues to do with housing at present from increased numbers of repossessions to homelessness and whether local authorities have a legal duty to help,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“In all these situations people need good legal advice which we are committed to providing.”
Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP senior partner Tony Fisher said Mr Ellis had a wealth of expertise and knowledge of housing issues, and they were delighted to welcome him to the team.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car