COLCHESTER Business Enterprise Agency (Colbea) has welcomed Chris Holmes to the board of directors.Mr Holmes retired as senior partner with Essex law firm Birkett Long Solicitors in 2007 but remains a consultant.
COLCHESTER Business Enterprise Agency (Colbea) has welcomed Chris Holmes to the board of directors.
Mr Holmes retired as senior partner with Essex law firm Birkett Long Solicitors in 2007 but remains a consultant.
His 45 years with the firm began as an articled clerk. He developed an expertise in family law, and became a recorder sitting in the south eastern circuit and driving the opening of the firm's third office in Chelmsford.
In 2000, he was awarded an OBE for his fundraising work for the St Helena Hospice in Colchester. He was its chairman from 1982 to 1996 and until recently was its vice-president.
You may also want to watch:
In 1990 he became Deputy Lieutenant for the County of Essex and from 1996 has been chairman of Macmillan Cancer Support in Essex, where he was responsible for leading three appeals that raised more than £4.6million. He is also a trustee of the Essex Community Foundation, sitting on its grants and finance committee.
Bob Baggalley, Colbea's chief executive said Mr Holmes would be “a real asset” to the board.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!