FRUIT farmer Chris Newenham has been appointed a director of preserves makers Wilkin & Sons Ltd of Tiptree.Mr Newenham spent six years as farm manager with the firm.
FRUIT farmer Chris Newenham has been appointed a director of preserves makers Wilkin & Sons Ltd of Tiptree.
Mr Newenham spent six years as farm manager with the firm. He studied horticulture and agriculture at Writtle College and gained an MBA from Essex University.
“I'm delighted with my appointment and am looking forward to the many exciting challenges ahead, both on the farm and throughout the wider business,” he said.
Ian Thurgood, joint managing director of the firm, welcomed his appointment.
“Chris brought some radical and challenging ideas to us when came to Tiptree,” he said.
“These changes have helped to make us more efficient and more protective of the environment while bringing welcome increases in the variety and the quantity of fruits we grow at Tiptree and helping us to reach out to new markets.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 6 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
As a Nuffield scholar, Mr Newenham travelled to China, Australia, New Zealand and Chile in 2006 to study whether China represented an opportunity or a threat to the UK fruit industry.