FRUIT farmer Chris Newenham has been appointed a director of preserves makers Wilkin & Sons Ltd of Tiptree.Mr Newenham spent six years as farm manager with the firm.
FRUIT farmer Chris Newenham has been appointed a director of preserves makers Wilkin & Sons Ltd of Tiptree.
Mr Newenham spent six years as farm manager with the firm. He studied horticulture and agriculture at Writtle College and gained an MBA from Essex University.
“I'm delighted with my appointment and am looking forward to the many exciting challenges ahead, both on the farm and throughout the wider business,” he said.
Ian Thurgood, joint managing director of the firm, welcomed his appointment.
You may also want to watch:
“Chris brought some radical and challenging ideas to us when came to Tiptree,” he said.
“These changes have helped to make us more efficient and more protective of the environment while bringing welcome increases in the variety and the quantity of fruits we grow at Tiptree and helping us to reach out to new markets.”
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
As a Nuffield scholar, Mr Newenham travelled to China, Australia, New Zealand and Chile in 2006 to study whether China represented an opportunity or a threat to the UK fruit industry.