City of London honour for directors of Ipswich-based Cloud Media Insight
- Credit: Archant
Two Suffolk businessman have become Freemen of the City of London.
Brian Moore and Matthew West, both directors of Ipswich-based Cloud Media Insight, were joined by family and friends at the ceremony, held at the city’s Guildhall.
They were eligible to apply for the freedom – a status which dates from 1237 – due to their long-term association with the Guild of Public Relations Practitioners.
Mr Moore, who was master of the guild from 2011-12, said: “It’s been a privilege to be involved with the guild for over 20 years and a great honour to be awarded with the Freedom of the City of London.”
Mr West added: “We’re delighted to have taken part in such a unique and historic ceremony. However, I don’t think we’ll be taking advantage of some of the more traditional privileges associated with being a Freeman such as taking a flock of sheep over London Bridge!”
You may also want to watch:
The Freedom of the City of London originally entitled recipents to carry out their trade in the Square Mile but is now largely ceremonial and is presented to individuals who have made a substantial contribution to the city and its livery companies.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say