Clarice House health club and spa at Bramford, near Ipswich, rebrands as Riverhills
The Clarice House leisure club in Bramford, near Ipswich, is to be rebranded as Riverhills Health Club and Boutique Spa.
The move follows the sale last September of the Clarice House sites in Bury St Edmunds and Colchester to the Bannatyne Group.
Stuart King, owner of Riverhills, said: “This is a really positive move for the site at Ipswich.
“Since the sale of Bury and Colchester, Ipswich has gone from strength to strength, and a rebrand will further enhance our standing in East Anglia as a family-owned, independent business.”
The name Riverhills was chosen after a consultation with members, staff and the wider public who suggested a variety of names.
However, Mr King said that “Riverhills” stood out due to its links to the location of the business, which stands on a site known as River Hill.
The Bannatyne Group, which was founded by leisure entrepreneur and former BBC Dragons’ Den panel member Duncan Bannatyne, is continuing to operate the Bury and Colchester facilities under the Clarice House identity.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 5 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 8 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 9 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 10 Man exposes himself to two women on Thorpeness beach
All memberships are unaffected by the changes.
Mr King added: “There will be no effect on our past and future members and guests as the high-level service that they enjoy will remain in place, as will the management and staff.
“Although our trading name is changing to Riverhills, the legal entity remains unchanged as Clarice Leisure plc. It is absolutely ‘business as normal’ and all previously purchased gift vouchers and appointments will be honoured.”