Clarice House health club and spa at Bramford, near Ipswich, rebrands as Riverhills
The Clarice House leisure club in Bramford, near Ipswich, is to be rebranded as Riverhills Health Club and Boutique Spa.
The move follows the sale last September of the Clarice House sites in Bury St Edmunds and Colchester to the Bannatyne Group.
Stuart King, owner of Riverhills, said: “This is a really positive move for the site at Ipswich.
“Since the sale of Bury and Colchester, Ipswich has gone from strength to strength, and a rebrand will further enhance our standing in East Anglia as a family-owned, independent business.”
The name Riverhills was chosen after a consultation with members, staff and the wider public who suggested a variety of names.
You may also want to watch:
However, Mr King said that “Riverhills” stood out due to its links to the location of the business, which stands on a site known as River Hill.
The Bannatyne Group, which was founded by leisure entrepreneur and former BBC Dragons’ Den panel member Duncan Bannatyne, is continuing to operate the Bury and Colchester facilities under the Clarice House identity.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
All memberships are unaffected by the changes.
Mr King added: “There will be no effect on our past and future members and guests as the high-level service that they enjoy will remain in place, as will the management and staff.
“Although our trading name is changing to Riverhills, the legal entity remains unchanged as Clarice Leisure plc. It is absolutely ‘business as normal’ and all previously purchased gift vouchers and appointments will be honoured.”