Suffolk ‘outstanding’ for outdoor staycations, survey finds
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk has been ranked eighth in a list of top UK places for a 2020 Staycation.
Neighbouring Norfolk topped the table, compiled by outdoor clothing brand Halti, which measured the counties against eight factors. Gloucestershire came in second, and Lincolnshire third.
Among the elements considered were the number of notable countryside walks, the green space coverage for exploring, organic shops and how dog friendly the area is.
Suffolk was considered an “outstanding” candidate for holidaymakers looking for outdoor-focused staycations with top tier rankings for the most green space coverage and the most organic.
The county ranks third highest (23.6%) in the UK for most green space coverage according to government data. Alongside this, Google Places ranks Suffolk 13th highest for organic shops in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Kent and Hampshire were among the top five locations. At the bottom end of the scale were Midlothian, Merseyside, Bristol, West Lothian and Renfrewshire.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich