Suffolk tech firm builds app for Olympian's yacht racing team
- Credit: Mark Thomas & Ineos Team
A Suffolk-based tech firm has created an app designed to give Ben Ainslie's sailing team the edge in the world's most famous sailing tournament.
Coderus, based at Martlesham's Adastral Park, built the tactical aid to provide vital, in-race data to Ineos Team UK for the 36th America's Cup.
The team is led by Sir Ben Ainslie, the most successful Olympic sailor of all time, and has remained unbeaten throughout four days of intense racing in Auckland, New Zealand.
Tactician Giles Scott said: “We were desperate for an app which could act as a virtual seventh crew member and become central to our decision making process throughout the race, providing Ben and I with the data that we really need to gain a competitive advantage."
Coderus’ founder and chief executive, Mark Thomas, said: “Coderus is incredibly proud to have helped in creating an app that has played such a significant role in the amazing Ineos Team UK’s success.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been working hard on this app for some time and it’s so rewarding to now see the results of it.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results