Sadness as Guat’s Up! coffee house to close for good
- Credit: Archant
An independent coffee shop in Bury St Edmunds will open its doors for the last time on Friday, July 31.
Guat’s Up! in Guildhall Street reopened for takeaways at the end of June, but business owner Rob Butterworth told customers on social media he had taken the decision not to renew the lease, which expires in the next few months.
MORE: Pub closes as landlords branch out into street food to ‘adapt’ following virusHe said: “It has been nearly five years since we opened and we have enjoyed serving some of the finest coffees and teas available to the good folk of Bury St Edmunds.
“We’ve had some great laughs, met some great people and made great memories.
“My efforts will now be focused on the Butterworth & Son roastery and tea business and highlighting the products we offer through existing outlets throughout East Anglia and beyond.”
Customers reacted with sadness at the news of the loss to Bury town centre.
MORE: Lost in lockdown – the Suffolk businesses which have closed due to coronavirusOne person said on social media: “You’ll be missed!! Such delicious coffee.”
You may also want to watch:
Another said: “Oh no! It’s the best coffee shop in Bury. Deep sadness.”
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 3 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 4 'I thought we were really good' - Lambert's assessment of dire 1-0 home loss to Peterborough
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town lose as McGuinness puts through his own net
- 7 Man who had sex with underage girl avoids prison
- 8 Ipswich Town 0-1 Peterborough United: Toothless Town beaten as McGuinness own goal settles it
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 home loss to Peterborough United
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain