Colbea receives ‘High Impact’ honour for Women’s Entrepreneurship Day event
- Credit: Archant
Colchester Business Enterprise Agency (Colbea) has reveived a “High Impact” award for its contribution to the 2014 Global Entrepreneurship Week and the inaugural Women’s Entrepreneurship Day.
Colbea hosted an “Ask the Experts” event for Women’s Entrepreneurship Day, providing fledgling business owners with an opportunity to learn from a panel of experts.
Bob Baggalley, chief executive of Colbea, said: “The award as a ‘High Impact Host’ recognises the Colbea’s positive impact the local business community, encouraging and nurturing the green shoots of local entrepreneurship.”
He added: “Colbea would like to thank the event attendees and especially the panellists; Karen Woodbridge of Hornet Solutions HR, Susie Bulman of Think Social Business, Paul Forsyth of Ellisons Solicitors and Tom Harris of Sanderson & Co for helping make Ask the Experts an award-winning event.
“We were delighted to support Women’s Entrepreneurship Day and celebrate women in business around the world.”
You may also want to watch:
Global Entrepreneurship Week is hosted by Youth Business International, a charitable network created to help budding entrepreneurs in 40 countries worldwide. 2014’s campaign saw the first ever Women’s Entrepreneurship Day, celebrating female entrepreneurs and raising awareness of their untapped economic potential in societies across the globe.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road