Colchester-based building products and services group Milbank snaps up glass-reinforced plastics firm Sui Generis
- Credit: Milbank
A Colchester building products and services group has continued its expansion after snapping up a firm specialising in making glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) parts for buildings.
The Milbank Group, a family firm based at Earls Colne, has acquired Sui Generis International Ltd in Colchester, bringing the firms’ combined workforce to more than 250.
Sui Generis, which also supplies fibreglass linings, industrial coatings and anti-slip flooring products, will continue to operate as an independent business, Milbank said, although it believes “advantageous synergies” will help secure the future of both companies.
Mark Went, who has owned and managed Sui Generis for many years, said he chose Milbank as a potential suitor because he was looking for a company that would look after his staff and maintain their customer care.
The latest deal takes the group, which includes Milbank Concrete Products and Cadman Cranes, one step further in its plans to create a diverse group of industrial businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Milbank Concrete Products, founded in 1947, is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of precast concrete products. Cadman Cranes, also based in Colchester, runs a fleet of 25 mobile cranes ranging from seven to 180 tonne capacity and a selection of mini cranes, crawler cranes and specialist lifting equipment. The deal was completed on October 9 with the help of Prism Corporate Broking, Birketts Solicitors and Ensors.
Andy Mayne, managing director of Milbank Concrete Products and Cadman Cranes said: “Whilst Sui Generis may sell different products to Milbank, we are in fact very similar. Both companies design, manufacture, deliver and install products along with dealing directly with the end consumer, continually focussing on reliability and excellence.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 7 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 8 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
“We believe that with our resources and the combined expertise from both companies’ personnel, we can add further growth and success to the Sui Generis business.”
Milbank Group chairman Sean Milbank said: “We are delighted to welcome Sui Generis into our very local group of businesses. All three companies have long-standing reputations for good quality service to their clients and caring for their staff, and the move is really positive news for everyone concerned.”